I took Karen Walrond’s (Chookooloonks.com) Pathfinder course last fall and loved it. One of the first things we did was write a list of things we love doing. Everything we can think of no matter how small or seemingly insignificant. I’ve picked ten of mine to share – not the top ten, just ten quirky things I love to do.
- Climbing trees – I really wish our property had a good maple tree to climb.
- Hearing myself think – a rare thing these days with three boys in the house and unfortunately I seem to have forgotten how. Even when I do get a few quiet moments, I busy myself and fill the silence with internet stuff or music or chores instead of listening to myself. Need to work on this.
- Swinging – not the wife-swapping kind, though! I’m the innocent children’s playground kind of swinger and I’d like to keep it that way.
- Seeing cows in a field – not sure why, but they just make me happy.
- Walking on an ocean beach. Miss that more than I expected now that I’m living inland.
- Printing photos in a darkroom – I miss my student days when I could spend hours seeing images appear by magic.
- Driving on long winding highways – always feels like an adventure, even if it’s a well-travelled route. Of course, this assumes there is light traffic on the road.
- Finger painting and other ‘kids’ crafts. So fun to get back to basics when making stuff.
- Staying up late in a silent house reading in bed. Pure bliss. I love seeing my boys tending to do this already.
- Exploring a new city. Love to travel and see how people live in other places.
If you’d like to see more Ten Things lists, check out Shimelle’s blog.