It’s been awhile since I’ve played along with Shimelle’s 10 on the 10th blog event, but January seems a good time to make a fresh start. And since I’m a sucker for a good turn of phrase, I have a list of quotes that seemed appropriate for making a fresh start in a new year.
- An object at rest stays at rest. ~ Sir Isaac Newton’s First Law of Physics
- Life must be lived as play. ~Plato
- If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others. ~ Haim Ginott
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. ~Mark Twain
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase; just take the first step. ~Martin Luther King
- How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. ~Theodore Roosevelt
- To have good energy, you have to move. ~Clara Hughes
- The chief enemy of creativity is ‘good’ sense. ~Pablo Picasso
- You put in your best efforts, but you can’t command the consequences. ~Leonard Cohen
This post is part of Shimelle’s Ten Things blog event. For more lists, check Shimelle’s blog.